Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Computer Dance and the Nature of Things.

   I think in colors and textures not HTML code.  Don't get me wrong I love the computer and love the world it has opened up to me. This said I can get a real potty mouth trying to figure out how to do things.

I miss spelled my URL for this blog when creating it. I need spell check for my entire life. Changing it was simple once I found out how to do it. But figuring that out took hours of reading. AHHHHHHHHH!

F$#K! That was the word of the month last month.It just rolled off my tongue so easy. LOL This month I wanted to be all love and light BUT learning new things on the computer can take me to a dark place. I am working on looking at time spent on one " stupid feature "as a computer lesson but much coffee gets consumed and many cigarettes get smoked! Well at least it didn't take me to the dark place of cookie consumption!

OK sweet friends......computer lesson.......How to up load a slide show from Picasa Web Albums to Google Blogger.   It would seem natural that you would click on the "slideshow gadget" in blogger and just place the code in the spot provided. Not so.....but the album will appear to be working just fine when you do this in the upload window. It just won't appear on your blog.

What you actually need to do is select the " HTML gadget" and load it in that feature. Works great. I, how ever, spent two hours learning how to do this and need psychiatric care! Not really. Well that depends on who you ask.

I think the best way to get to know me is to see my little L.A. apartment where I have lived for 21 years. The colors and textures speak volumes about who I am what I love. It's a rainbow dance. It's a dance with everyone I have ever loved. I have things in my home that have lived with me since childhood. I'm a collector. I love my "things" but I accept that things are temporary.

I came to this belief when I was a young woman living with my best friend Marguerite. She was on the phone and pulled the phone card hard because it was stuck (remember phone cords). A loud crash followed and one of the crystal wine decanters my mother gave me came smashing down into tiny pieces.

When I came running out of the bedroom to find her crying over the pieces on the floor. " I'm so sorry....so sorry. It was an accident." she cried.  " I know you loved that decanter".

Lesson number two.....People and their feelings are more important than things. Things will come and go. The material world including our bodies will some day go. My idea changed on that day because it hurt to see someone I loved cry more than it hurt to say good bye to a thing. Accidents happen . That's life.
We cleaned up the glass and had a glass of wine. I think we actually drank right out of the bottle as a sort of kiss my tush to the whole decanter idea.

Marguerite is still my best friend some 30 years later. This is a friendship that is certainly not made out of glass. We have seen more than we should have and survived intact.

My hope is I will befriend the computer. It is still a love hate relationship but that can change. Yep, that can change.

Enjoy the slide show! Thanks for day two.

No comments:

Post a Comment